We congratulate Michael and Mary (Chrissie, née O’Donnell) Quinlivan, London who are celebrated their Golden Wedding anniversary.
Chrissie is a native of Shanahea and she married Michael, a native of Ballycorick, in St Benedict’s Church, Coolmeen on 24 May, 1966.
The couple, accompanied by their family, received a blessing on the occasion of their golden wedding anniversary during Sunday morning Mass in St Benedict’s Church, Coolmeen on Sunday 29 May 2016.
Chrissie and Michael,
May God bless you and grant you joy. May He deepen your love for each other.
May He bless you + in your family and friends,
May Almighty God, Father, Son, + and Holy Spirit, Bless us all,
and keep us in His love always.
Christy O Connor with Fr Albert McDonnell and Fr Michael O Grady after the presentation.
Congratulations to Christy O’Connor, Coolmeen who has been awarded a Benemerenti Medal
by Pope Francis for his outstanding service to our parish and to the Church.
The Medal was presented to Christy during 8pm Mass in St Benedict’s Church, Coolmeen on Friday, 27 May, 2016. The Mass was celebrate by Fr Albert McDonnell and Fr Michael O Grady and attended by members of Christy’s family in addition to the local parish community.
Benemerenti Medals are conferred on people for distinguished service to their parish or diocese and to the Faith. The medal is worn on the breast, suspended by ribbons of the papal colours. It is a gold Greek cross depicting the image of Christ, His hand raised in blessing. On the left of the transverse arm of the cross is a depiction of the tiara and crossed keys, and to the right is the shield of the Pope and his motto. On the reverse is the word Benemerenti, which means “good merit”. The award is accompanied by a certificate. The medal is accompanied by a parchment in Latin, issi ed by The Pope, which states
The Supreme Pontiff, Francis,
using his power to honour by a mark of distinction,
has seen fit to bestow upon
Christopher O Connor the gold medal
established for those exceedingly
well deserving in Christian service.
We congratulate Christy. As we thank him for his service to the parish of Coolmeen-Cranny, we pray that the Lord may continue to bless him.
Mass will be celebrated in the cemeteries in Coolmeen-Cranny Parish at the following dates and times:
- Kilfiddane cemetery – Friday, 8 July at 8pm;
- Cranny cemetery – Friday, 22 July at 8pm;
- The Cillin, Clondrina – Friday, 12 August at 8pm.
All are welcome to participate in our cemetery Masses and to remember and pray for their relatives and friends who are buried there, for the deceased of the parish and for all the faithful.
Mass will be celebrated in Kildysart cemetery on Friday, 1 July 2014 at 8pm.
Blessed John Henry Newman’s Prayer for the Departed
May He support us all the day long, till the shades lengthen
and the evening comes,
and the busy world is hushed,
and the fever of life is over,
and our work is done.
Then in His mercy
may He give us a safe lodging,
and a holy rest
and peace at the last.
We congratulate the girls from Coolmeen who received the Sacrament of Confirmation on Pentecost Sunday, 15 May 2016 in St Michael’s Church, Kildysart.
We pray that the Holy Spirit will always guide and protect them and their families.
We congratulate the six children form our parish who received Holy Communion for the first time on Saturday, 7 May, 2016.
We pray that the Lord will always be at the centre of their lives and continue to bless their parents, families, teachers and all who form part of their circles of love and care.
We pray for the young people in our parish who are currently preparing to receive the sacraments of Reconciliation, First Holy Communion and Confirmation and for the parents, teachers and families.
Our parish programme of preparation for these sacraments includes the following:
- Enrolment for the sacraments of reconciliation and First Holy Communion Saturday 28 November at St Mary’s Church, Cranny;
- Enrolment for the sacrament of confirmation; Sunday 6 December at St Benedict’s Church, Coolmeen;
- Preparation Mass for First Holy Communion, Sunday 24 January at St Benedict’s Church, Coolmeen:
- Preparation Mass for First Holy Communion: Saturday, 20 February at St Mary’s Church, Cranny;
- Ceremony of Light with our candidates for Confirmation: Wednesday, 2 March at St Benedict’s Church, Coolmeen;
- First Confessions for our Cranny and Coolmeen candidates for First Holy Communion: Tuesday, 15 March at St Benedict’s Church, Coolmeen;
- Celebration of First Holy Communion on Saturday 7 May at St Mary’s Church, Cranny;
- Celebration of the Confirmation on Pentecost Sunday (15 May) at St Michael’s Church, Kildysart.