St Mary’s Church Cranny (Eircode V15 N156) was constructed in 1832. The funds were raised by then parish priest Fr Patrick Sheehy who toured Ireland on a fund raising crusade. The Catholics of England also contributed to the project.
St Mary’s Church was rennovated in 1880 and again in 1906. Further rennovations were carried out in 1981 when the gallery was removed and the building extended by 16 feet towards the road.