Celebration of the Centenary of the Salesian Sisters in Ireland
Sunday, 11 September 2022
The Salesian Sisters arrived in Ireland in 1920. Their ministry was especially focused on the education and care of the young. The Sisters through their presence in Cahercon were a central part of our community for many decades and that friendship continues today.
To commemorate their centenary and celebrate the Sister’s contribution to our community, Bishop Fintan Monahan will preside at Mass in St Michael’s Church, Kildysart at 11am on Sunday, 11 September 2022. Many of the Sisters who lived in Cahercon will be present and there will be an opportunity after Mass to chat to the Sisters. Everyone, especially past pupils and friends of the Sisters, is welcome to attend the celebration.
In preparation for the centenary Mass, we hope to form a pastoral area choir drawn from all four parishes in Radharc na nOileán (Ballynacally-Lissycasey, Coolmeen-Cranny, Kildysart and Labasheeda-Kilmurry McMahon). Julianne Woods who was musical director for our Columban celebration in 2018, will once again direct the choir. Everyone, singers and instrumentalists alike, is most welcome to take part. A background in liturgical music is not required.
We propose meeting for rehearsals in St Michael’s Church, Kildysart on the following dates and times:
• Friday, 26 August 7.30pm- 9pm
• Saturday, 27 August 10am-11.30am
• Tuesday, 30 August 7.30pm- 9pm
• Saturday, 3 September 10am-11.30am
• Friday, 9 September 7.30pm- 9pm
• Saturday, 10 September 10am-11.30am
The suggested programme of Music for the Mass is:
• Processional- Faithful is the Lord composed by Liam Lawton
• St Patrick’s Mass setting composed by Liam Lawton
• Psalm 117 – Go out to All the World
• Offertory- Instrumental TBC
• Communion – The Last Supper composed by Bernard Sexton
• Sacrament Most Holy arr and verses composed by Ian Callinan
• Recessional- As I kneel before you
You must be logged in to post a comment.